HOW TO ENTER
1. Between September 15-November 20, 2014, click on the Donate a Song link. Add your information and upload your song in mp3 format. Please include a photo (horizontal is best) and a little bit about you and your song. We would love to know why you are donating for cancer and rare disease research. Songs for Life reserves the right to extend the deadline for the 2015 contest.
2. You will receive an email notification that your donation has been received.
3. Three to five business days following your submission, your song will be posted on the Songs for Life 2015 Submissions page.
HOW TO BECOME A WINNER – PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!
1. After your song is posted, it’s time to promote your donation! Here are some ideas about how to more votes:
- Post your song link from the Songs for Life page to your Facebook page. Did you know that normal FB posts are only seen by about 5% of your FB friends? To make sure all your friends see your post, consider “boosting” your post for about $6. This ensures that all your friends will see it.
- Post your song multiple times between September 1 and November 30 for maximum “likes.”
- As your friends to “share” your post via Facebook.
- Tweet your song using the link on the Songs for Life site and ask them to “like” it.
- Tweet it multiple times, asking people to share
- Add it to your Google + page, asking people to “like” it on Facebook
2. Consider donating a song AND recording your own version of cancer patient/songwriter Jenny Ahlstrom’s “I am Not My Pain” song. We will be including the best version of “I am Not My Pain” on the 2015 album.
JUDGING AND SELECTION
1. The top 25 songs according to Facebook likes (on the Songs for Life 2015 submission page ONLY) by November 30 will be reviewed by the Songs for Life Judging Panel.
2. The Songs for Life Judging Panel will select the final 12 songs to be included on the Songs for Life album. Their selection will be based on content and likeability.
3. Winners will be announced on the Songs for Life site December 15, 2014.
- Donor retains all ownership rights to all original song(s). Songs for Life will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- Donor agrees to release, indemnify, and hold Songs for Life, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in Song for Life.
- By entering Songs for Life, Donor and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of Songs for Life and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. By entering Songs for Life, Donor agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Songs for Life Only Rules And Regulations as established herein.
- This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of Utah without regard to principals of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this competition must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of Salt Lake City, UT without recourse to class action suits.
- If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
- Songs for Life is open to anyone regardless of nationality or origin. If Donor is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is required.
- Donor may submit as many songs as desired.
- Songs for Life is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, or misappropriated entries.
- Songs for Life reserves the right to extend the entry deadline or change the number of finalists.
- Top 25 songs by Facebook likes are sent to the judges who select the winners. The judges consists of high profile music industry professionals including celebrity artists and music journalists.
- The 2015 winners will be announced December 15, 2014. Songs for Life will post all results on its website and will notify entrants by email that results are posted.
- Winners will be contacted regarding final recording/song production if necessary.
- Winners will be given up to $2,000 in recording studio fees at Soularium Studio in Alpine, UT and up to $1500 in travel expenses. Fees will be paid directly to Soularium. Travel expenses will be approved and paid based on documented travel receipts.
- Final songs will be recorded at Soularium between December 15 and February 15. If the artist is not able to record within that time frame, another artist will be selected.
- If song donations are already of professional quality, they may not need to be re-recorded. The judging panel will determine if the songs need to be professionally re-recorded.
- Donor is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to Songs for Life. Songs for Life is not responsible for donor’s non-receipt of any Songs for Life emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions. Songs for Life will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone.
- Donor constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- All winners agree to release Songs for Life and sponsors from all liability.
- All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner.